To cool off and satisfy their sweet tooth, many people, young and old, will reach for the popsicles as the summertime beckons for a refreshing cool treat. Though these spots on your carpet can be unsightly and even cringe worthy, popsicle stains are not too labor intensive to remove. Especially with quick action, you can eliminate these stains. A few methods to remove the carpet popsicle stains is what we at Steam Masters would like to share today.
Will Hydrogen Peroxide Take Popsicle Stains Out of Carpet?
Have a few methods to remove the carpet popsicle stains and be certain they are plain white, or you risk transferring dye or print onto carpet. Never skip the patch test because peroxide has the ability to lighten color and though it is diluted water and should not impact the carpets, you want to make sure it is safe.
1) In a spray bottle, combine equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and shake it well. Since it will fizz some, be certain to leave enough space in the bottle for the fizzing.
2) Only dampen the surface by lightly misting it due to the nature of this mixture. Avoid over-wetting the carpet. Allow the mixture to breakdown the stain before treating the stain. For minor popsicle spots, wait 10-15 min and for larger stains do not exceed 30 minutes.
3) Lightly mist plain water on the spot or use a damp cloth to moisten the area if it dried.
4) Along with the popsicle residues with a white, blot any excess moisture out. In the event the cloth becomes over encumbered with popsicle, rinse the cloth out or use a new one.
5) dry the treated area with a white, dry towel by blotting the moisture up. Vacuum the area once the area is fully dried to return the fibers back to their natural texture.
Oxi-Clean Popsicle Stain Removal
Avoid Oxi-clean with bleach as that can potentially lighten your carpet and never skip the patch test. If necessary, you can scale according to the size of the squirt bottle. In 16 oz. of water, add ½ cup Oxi-clean. Clean the area with paper towels, cloths, and a towel.
1) Combine ½ cup Oxi-clean and 16 oz. water in a spray bottle and shake well.
2) After applying the mixture to the various spots, leave it on the surface for 5-15 minutes.
3) Lightly mist the area with pure water or use a damp a cloth and blot the area. Rinse the cloth as needed or use a fresh cloth accordingly as you go.
4) Use your clean, dry towel to blot the remaining moisture from the carpet with more pressure.
5) Vacuum the carpet is completely dry, dry the area to relax the fibers after the carpet is completely dry.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
If you are still having a challenge removing the popsicle stains or any other stains for that matter, contact Steam Masters and let our professionals combat that stubborn stain to restore them to their beauty.