Many people don’t give the air ducts in their home much thought. They are simply there to deliver cooled or heated air throughout the house, right? While that is what they are mainly responsible for, they can also play a big role in the indoor air quality in your home. When your air ducts aren’t clean, they can cause several different issues that can affect your quality of life. Steam Masters is here to talk about why air duct cleaning is important and how often it should be done.
Why is it Important to Clean Air Ducts?
Many homeowners don’t realize how dirty the air in their home actually is. In fact, the air inside your house is about 2-5 times more polluted than the air in a large city. This should raise a few eyebrows. The air ducts that circulate your air in your home have a big impact on the air quality inside your home. When they are cleaned, you can see a dramatic improvement in your indoor air quality.
How Do I Know if My Air Ducts Need to Be Cleaned?
There are several circumstances that may help you realize it’s time to get your air ducts cleaned. Here are a few reasons to consider having this done.
– Moving: Whenever you move into a new house, it’s important to have your air ducts cleaned. This is especially true when the people who lived there before you were either smokers or had pets living in the house. If the house is brand new, cleaning the air ducts will remove a great deal of dust and debris that gathers there during the construction process.
– Mold & Mildew: You should never smell and mold or mildew when the air is on in your home. If you can see signs of mold around your vents or smell it when the air kicks on, it may be time to have your ducts cleaned.
– Pest Infestations: It isn’t uncommon for pests to choose your air ducts as the perfect place to build their nests. If you happen to have pests that have infiltrated your ducts, it’s time to have them cleaned.
– Cold or Allergy Symptoms: A large buildup of dust, debris and allergens in your air ducts can lead to chronic cold and allergy symptoms that you can’t seem to get rid of. This can be caused by ducts that are extremely dirty.
– Excessive Dust: When you haven’t had your ducts cleaned in a long time, you may notice that dust builds up around your home quickly. Cleaning them can help get rid of this problem.
Air Duct Cleaning & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
If you don’t know when the last time your air ducts were cleaned, it may be time to call on the pros at Steam Masters to help. We will make sure your air ducts are clean and help improve your indoor air quality. Call us today!