That the morning cup, or 2, or 3 is a requirement before anything else gets done, including conversations, it is very well known in the coffee drinking community. Without that morning cup, life is unbearable, since coffee is a very lifeline. A ceremony that must be performed daily, and perhaps a few times throughout the day, is enjoying hot coffee. With the frequent trips across the carpet, it will inevitably spill, and you will be faced with the task of cleaning up. Today, we at Steam Masters would like to discuss some recommendations on how to clean the coffee from your carpet.
Tips for Treating Coffee Spills on Carpet
Find your happy place, for starters, and take a deep breath. Prior to diving into the mess, there are a few important tips you should know that are listed below.
– Only blot with white cloths, towels, and paper towels. When treating the stain, dyes and print have the potential to transfer onto the carpet.
– No matter if it is a homemade remedy or a store-bought cleaner, always perform a patch test in an inconspicuous spot.
– The longer a stain sits, the harder it is to remove, so treat stains as soon as possible.
– Because it can cause the stain to set into the carpet, do not use hot water.
– Since you will only push the coffee deeper in the fibers and spread the stain out further, blot the stains, do not rub or scrub.
How Do You Get Old Coffee Stains Out of Carpet?
1) Until the majority of the liquid has been absorbed, pat the excess liquid with moderate pressure with white paper towels. To better prevent the stain from expanding, blot the outer edges first and work your way towards the center.
2) Spray warm water on the blemish or sponge it on without over saturating the area. You need to rinse out the coloring. To avoid over saturation, blot with a dry cloth in between water applications. You can cause water damage to the padding, sub floor and carpet, as well as create the right elements for mold to take place if too much water soaks under the carpet.
3) Into a liter of warm water, combine together 1/4 tsp of mild dish detergent, or carpet shampoo. Use a spray bottle for optimal application but any container will do in a pinch.
4) Make certain the area is well blotted before applying your solution.
5) If you need to sponge your mixture on the stain, use a white, clean cloth, or paper towel and sparingly apply the solution, again do not over saturate, damp is all you require, apply your cleanser to the area. To loosen things up, blot the stain.
6) Place the treated towel onto the stain by applying the solution to an additional cloth. Gently press the cloth onto the stain use a spoon or blunt object.
6) Using the same method as diluting the coffee, rinse out the cleaning solution.
7) Repeat until stain is removed, and always blot up the excess liquid in between treatments.
8) Towel dry.
9) Place a clean dry towel on the area and weight it down over night, once the area is as dry as you can make it.
10) Vacuum when the area is fully dry.
Steam Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
Call Steam Masters and let our talented experts do what they do best if you have any stubborn stains, including a coffee stain that simply won’t budge.