The most mud is often produced in the summer. In addition to summer rainstorms, we are actively watering the lawn, trees, and shrubs, as well as the kids actively engaged with water related games and activities. With mud being inevitable the pets are likely to track in some muddy paw prints and the kids, muddy footprints. With this in mind, we Orange County Steam Masters would like to share how you can easily treat carpets and upholstery impacted by mud.
Let Wet Mud Dry Before Cleaning Stains
It is important to initially do nothing when dealing with mud, though most stains and spots require immediate reactions. Mud is actually easier dealt when it is dried out. Moist mud will only make a bigger mess as you try to treat it. To efficiently remove the soil from the carpets, rugs, and upholstery, run the vacuum or the vacuum’s hose over these spots slowly, methodically, and in from different directions. Keep in mind that some of the dirt may have escaped below the surface and just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it is not there.
How to Remove Mud from Area Rugs
1) As explained earlier, use the vacuuming technique to start extracting the dirt after you have allowed the mud to dry.
2) You can treat any residues with a homemade solution of 2 cups cool water and 1tbsp mild liquid dish soap mixed together well in a spray bottle. Being careful not to make the rug overly wet as you lightly mist the area. Afterwards, use a dry towel and heavy pressure to blot away the residues and excess moisture.
3) To remove any odors and residual moisture, follow up the treatment by moderately sprinkling some baking soda. To remove the baking soda fragments, allow the area to dry fully before using your vacuum like explained above.
How to Clean Mud Stains from Carpets
1) As mentioned, vacuum the dry particles of the muddy paw print in the technique explained earlier.
2) In a spray bottle, efficiently combine 2 cups of both warm water and white vinegar with 1 tbsp mild liquid dish soap to remove any lingering film.
3) Apply your newly made solution to the spots, while being careful not to overly wet the carpet. Remove the muddy paw print remnants using a cloth or towel to blot spot and moisture from the carpet. Until it is completely removed, repeat these steps.
How to Get Mud Out of Couch
1) Take advantage of the vacuum’s hose and if needed the upholstery attachments and go over the areas in like a manner explained previously to treat the dried muddy pawprint.
2) In your choice of spray bottle or bucket, mix together a tablespoon of mild liquid dish soap and cold water 2 cups in a bucket. With a cloth dampened from the solution, blot the blemish well.
3) If you need to repeat the blotting process to avoid letting the upholstery become over saturated, ensure to use a dry towel in between applications. Once the spot is lifted, have a dry towel handy to blot up excess moisture.
Sofa Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
Where the muddy prints are just an inconvenience on the surface, much of the soil is likely to seep below the surface. In addition to stains and odors, professional cleaning uses powerful equipment and techniques to remove the accumulating dirt. Call Orange County Steam Masters for annual upholstery, rug, and carpet cleaning services at the least.