Many people are looking to improve home and life as we prepare for a new, and hopefully, better year. The carpets can look rough for wear and the freshness, long gone after the holiday rush, heavy foot traffic, and excessive activities that we endure during the past year’s lockdown. Today, we at Steam Masters would like to share a few options to get the carpets smelling fresh again since the carpets, at the very least, could be easily refreshed.
Baking Soda & Essential Oil Carpet Deodorizer
1) Prepare a vented container, and either with straight baking soda, or adding add approximately 30 drops of lavender, or other scents in ½ cup of baking soda.
2) To effectively allow the baking soda to absorb the odor molecules, use a parmesan cheese, a mason jar with slotted or manually punctured holes in the lid, or spices container.
3) For at least 24 hours, allow the baking soda to set out. After the 24-hour period, sprinkle the baking soda, with or without the essential oil drops, on the carpet’s surface for 30 minutes.
4) To ensure the carpet is thoroughly vacuumed, methodically, vacuum slowly by overlapping the lanes across the length and width of the carpet. The baking soda will neutralize the odor molecules in the air during the ventilation period. Allowing for extra freshness for the carpets, the lavender oil preserves the carpets freshness for longer.
White Vinegar on Carpet to Remove Odor
1) In a clean empty spray bottle, pour in white, distilled vinegar.
2) Though the smell of vinegar dissipates, the initial scent of vinegar is strong as it dries. As the vinegar eliminates the source of any odors that can be produced by most germs and bacteria, the vinegar eliminates the odors, and the unattractive smell will leave behind freshness.
3) You can repeat the steps should any smells persist as needed being careful not want to oversaturate.
Other Tips to Freshen High Traffic Areas of Carpets
1) Vacuum. Make certain to vacuum daily or at as frequently as possible in order to extract the dirt and odor-causing debris.
2) Boil Citrus Peeling. Run the citrus peels in the garbage disposal after boiling the citrus peeling, this helps eliminate a lot of odors that buildup in that garbage disposal. From the garbage disposals that affects the overall freshness, you can remove a lot of odors can emit.
3) Essential Oils Diffuser. There are many people who already turn to the advantages of essential oils with the added benefit of making your home smell incredible.
Carpet Cleaning, Deodorizing, Stain Removal & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
Professional carpet cleaning is the optimal solution to defeat odors, in addition to removing any unsightly blemishes, stains, spots, and accumulating debris beneath the surface. The freshness of your carpets can be dramatically improved by professional carpet cleaning services. To help refresh carpets in your Southern California home, contact Steam Masters. For clean and fresh carpets, our professionals offer safe and efficient carpet cleaning and our experts provide superior carpet cleaning that eliminates the odors, removes any stains or spots and extract the dirt and debris buildup beneath surface. Contact us today!