It is common for mud to be a byproduct of summer. While actively watering the trees, lawn and shrubs as well as the family engaged in a number of water related games and activities in addition to the summer rainstorms. Muddy footprints and paw prints are inevitable as the pets and kids track in the mud. Today, we at Steam Masters would like to offer some tips and recommendations to help you control the mud that might make contact with the carpets, rugs, and upholstery.
Let Mud Dry on Carpet & Fabric Upholstered Furniture
Most have heard that dealing with spills and accidents concerning rugs, carpets, and upholstery, it is important to react swiftly. However, when it comes time, it is vital to do nothing initially. Trying to remove the moist mud right away only makes the situation worse. Removing the soil when it is dried out, it makes the process it is simpler. When dry, the majority of the soil can be removed by running the vacuum or the vacuum’s hose over these spots methodically, slowly, and in different directions. Just because you can’t see dirt, doesn’t mean it is not there as it some likely seeped below the surface.
How to Remove Muddy Footprints & Paw Prints on Carpet
1) After the mud has dried, and as the technique explained above, vacuum the dry particles from the carpet’s surface.
2) To remove any lingering residues, use a solution of 1 tbsp mild liquid dish soap and 2 cups of both warm water and white vinegar mixed in a clean squirt bottle.
3) While being careful not to over-saturate the carpets, mist the solution onto the area. Blot the spot and moisture from the carpet with a clean, dry towel. Repeat these steps until satisfied the whole is removed.
How to Get Mud Stains Out of Area Rugs
1) After you have allowed the mud to dry, use the vacuuming technique to start extracting the dirt as explained above.
2) Combined well together 2 cups cool water and 1 Tbsp mild liquid dish soap in a spray bottle you can treat any residue. Lightly mist the area, being careful not to make the rug too wet. To blot away the residues and excess moisture, use a light-damp cloth.
3) Any odors and residual moisture can be removed by moderately sprinkling some baking soda after treating the area. Make certain the area is fully dry before using your vacuum like explained above to remove the baking soda fragments.
Remove Dirt Stains from Upholstery
1) Take advantage of the vacuum’s hose and if needed the upholstery attachments and go over the areas in like a manner explained previously to treat the dried muddy pawprint.
2) Combine 1 tablespoon of mild liquid dish soap and cold water 2 cups in a spray bottle or a bucket. Blot the area well with a cloth treated with the solution.
3) Ensure to use a dry towel in between applications in the event you need to repeat the blotting process to avoid letting the upholstery become over saturated. Have a dry towel handy to blot up excess moisture once the residues are removed.
Carpet, Area Rug & Sofa Cleaning, Stain Removal & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
Most of the soil is likely to seep below the surface though some view the muddy prints are just an inconvenience on the surface. To remove the accumulation, in addition to stains and odors, professional cleaning uses powerful equipment and techniques. Cleaning for annual upholstery, rug, and carpet cleaning services at the least can be easily done by the professionals of Steam Masters. Contact us today!