As we head into the New Year, many people are looking to improve home and life. After the holiday rush, heavy foot traffic, and excessive activities, the carpets can look rough for wear and the freshness, long gone. Where the carpets, at the very least, could be refreshed, we at Orange County Steam Masters Carpet Cleaning would like to share a few options to get the carpets smelling fresh again.
Method 1 – White Vinegar on Carpet to Remove Odor
1) Fill white, distilled vinegar in a clean empty spray bottle.
2) Though the initial scent of vinegar is strong, as it dries, the smell of vinegar dissipates. The vinegar eliminates the odors and the unattractive smell will leave behind freshness as the vinegar eliminates the source of any odors that can be produced by most germs and bacteria.
3) Do not want to oversaturate, but you can repeat the steps should any smells persist as needed.
Method 2 – Baking Soda and Lavender Essential Oil Carpet Spray Treatment
1) Either with straight baking soda, or adding add approximately 30 drops of lavender, or other scents in ½ cup of baking soda, prepare a vented container.
2) A parmesan cheese, a mason jar with slotted or manually punctured holes in the lid, and or spices container to effectively allow the baking soda to absorb the odor molecules.
3) Allow the baking soda to et out for at least 24 hours. Following the 24 hours, for 30 minutes, sprinkle the baking soda, with or without the essential oil drops, on the carpet’s surface.
4) To ensure the carpet is thoroughly vacuumed, methodically, vacuum slowly by overlapping the lanes across the length and width of the carpet. The baking soda will neutralize the odor molecules in the air during the ventilation period. Allowing for extra freshness for the carpets, the lavender oil preserves the carpets freshness for longer.
Tips for Extra Daily Freshness of Carpets
1) Vacuum Maintenance. To lift the dirt and odor-causing debris, be sure to vacuum daily or at as frequently as possible
2) Essential Oils Diffuser. With the added benefit of making your home smell incredible, there are many people who already turn to the advantages of essential oils.
3) Citrus Peeling Boils. To help eliminate a lot of odors that buildup in that garbage disposal, run the citrus peels in the garbage disposal after boiling the citrus peeling. Removing a lot of odors can emit from the garbage disposals that affects the overall freshness.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
In addition to removing any unsightly blemishes, stains, spots, and accumulating debris beneath the surface, professional carpet cleaning is the optimal solution to defeat odors. Professional carpet cleaning is the best option to dramatically improve the freshness of your carpets. Call Orange County Steam Masters Carpet Cleaning to help refresh the carpets in your Southern California home. Our professionals offer safe and efficient carpet cleaning and our experts provide superior carpet cleaning that eliminates the odors, removes any stains or spots and extract the dirt and debris buildup beneath surface for clean and fresh carpets.