There is no doubt about it, moving can do a number on your flooring. No one wants to move into a new home only to find that the beautiful flooring that made them fall in love with the house in the first place is damaged as a result. There are several steps you can take to protect both carpeting and hardwood flooring during your move. Steam Masters is here to share some of those tips that will keep your flooring from sustaining any damage during your next move.
Carpet Protection when Moving
Nobody wants to see their carpets heavily soiled or snagged during a move. There are several ways to keep this from happening. Following are some ways that you can safeguard your carpets during your next move.
• Lay Down Old Towels & Blankets- Everyone has old towels and blankets laying around. These make the perfect barrier in high traffic areas. They will protect your carpet from stains as well as snagging.
• Excess Cardboard Saves Carpet- Hopefully you have some left over cardboard from your move. If this is the case, you can break them up and lay them down in the high traffic areas.
• Carpet Film Protector- There is a very thin plastic that has a sticky backing to keep it from moving when you place it on your carpet. This works well with stairs and high traffic areas to keep them clean during your move.
Hardwood Floor Protector for Moving
The beauty of the hardwood flooring in your new home may very well be one of the reasons you picked the home. The last thing you want to happen is damage to your hardwood flooring. Following are some ways to protect it.
• Brown Craft Paper- Laying down plain brown craft paper will protect your hardwood flooring during your move. You don’t want paper with any color or print on it in fear that the ink will transfer onto the flooring.
• Plywood to Move Heavy Furniture- In the kitchen and other areas of your home, you are probably have some heavy furniture and appliances you will be moving. Laying down plywood will keep hardwood flooring protected from this heavy furniture. Paper will likely rip under the weight of the furniture.
• Cover Legs of Heavy Furniture- Using old towels and washcloths, cover the legs of any heavy furniture before moving it. That way, if the furniture is accidentally dropped, it won’t hurt your hardwood flooring.
Professional Steam Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
Moving is stressful. Damage to your flooring only makes matter worse. If you find that your flooring has sustained any stains and other damage during your move, don’t hesitate to give the professionals at Steam Masters a call to help you fix it. We can safely remove even the toughest stains left behind after a move. Whether you are moving in or moving out, we can get the carpets ready for you with a fresh, deep clean. Call us today!