All of us love our furry friends almost just as much as our flesh and blood. However, when these little family members are leaving a foul smell behind on your carpet, it can be frustrating. The key to keeping pet odor out of your carpet is to clean it properly. It is important that you do it right and to it quickly so that the odor doesn’t soak into the fibers of the carpet. Orange Country Steam Masters is here to share some tips to help you get rid of pet odors and stains from your carpet.
How to Remove Old Pet Stains from Carpet
If you have found that your pet has had an accident on your carpet, don’t worry, with the following steps, we will help you clean it up as if it never happened.
– Clean Up the Pet Accident: If you are cleaning up poop or vomit, you will need to remove any mess that is on top of the carpet. You can do this with a putty knife, spatula or even a spoon. Make sure you are wearing gloves and have a trash bag to throw it away properly.
– Gather the Right Cleaning Supplies: Make sure you have gloves, cleaning solution, clean rags, a vacuum cleaner and trash bag. To make a good cleaning solution mix together 3 tablespoons of oxi-clean with warm water in a spray bottle. You will then mix a few drops of dawn dish soap and 2 tablespoons of peroxide to the mixture.
– Remove Carpet Stain: Spray the stain liberally with the cleaning solution and allow it to sit for about five minutes. You will then blot without scrubbing until the stain is removed. You can repeat this as many times as you need to in order to remove the stain.
– Rinse Carpet Area Well: You don’t want any soapy residue left on the carpet as this will attract dirt to the spot. Make sure you rinse well.
– Deodorize Carpet: Now it is time to deodorize so that your pet won’t be able to smell this spot and continue to have accidents there. Using baking soda cover the spot liberally. Then you will spray it with a white vinegar and water mixture and let it sit long enough that the baking soda dries completely.
– Vacuum Carpet: Now that the baking soda is dry, go ahead and vacuum it up and any lingering trace that there was an accident there to begin with.
Pet Stain & Odor Removal Services & More in Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim & Huntington Beach California
If you have pet stains on your carpet that you are unable to remove no matter how hard you try, it may be time to call on the carpet cleaning professionals at Orange County Steam Masters to get rid of it for you. We have that training and equipment needed to erase any trace of your pet’s accidents from the surface of your carpet, leaving them fresh and clean. Call us today!